Join our HONOLULU WORKSHOP SERIES this September, exploring: – MoveMEANT Sessions (no dance experience needed) – Contemporary & House dances
Contemporary Fusion: #KUKIAIMAUNA Fundraiser (Int/Adv Teens & Adults) September 16th, 4:00pm-5:30pm Instructors: Britnee Hay & Linda Kuo Location: Page Academy of Dance 3478 Waialae Ave, Honolulu, HI 96812 $20; proceeds are donated to the protectors of Mauna Kea Please contact Page Academy to RSVP
MoveMEANT: Grown-Ups & Me (All Ages Welcome) September 18th, 3:00pm-4:00pm Facilitators: DU x Mama Ensemble Location: Star Fitness Hawaii 2600 S. King Street #106, Honolulu, HI 96822 FREE, donations appreciated. RSVP Required.
Hip Hop & Contemporary Dance (Int/Adv Teens & Adults) September 22nd Hip Hop 11am-noon, Contemporary noon-1pm Instructor: Brit Hay Location: Xstatic Dance Studio @ Arthur Murray Dance Studio $10 each. Register Here.
All open rehearsals are FREE. Our instructors volunteer their time to support our mission in providing affordable training for our dance community. Tipping the instructors is strongly encouraged and appreciated. Please email us to reserve your spot.
We are seeking an administrative assistant for our 10th NYC season this fall. The seasonal contractor position consists of project workload that amounts to about 15-20 hours per week. The position starts in mid-September and lasts for 4 months. Opportunity to extend the contract can be discussed.
– coordinate company rehearsals including: scheduling confirmation with dancers and studios, updating rehearsal information, corresponding with guest performers and artists, assisting with props and costumes.
– assist with coordinating and content development for podcast sessions and video shoots
– assist with our full-lenth evening production this fall, including working with our Development Coordinator, Artistic Director, Artists, Sponsors and venue.
– assist with education / partner program development (a big part of the responsibility will require fluency in Mandarin)
– assist with video and photo documentation & archiving of all creative process.
– create and update social media content and posts
– attend at least one company rehearsal a week and mandatory weekly company meetings
Ideal candidate should be:
– a college graduate with a degree in Business, Communications, or Marketing / PR; candidates with equivalent experiences will also be considered
– knowledgeable with the dance or creative field
– passionate about using dance for activism and advocacy
– a self-starter, team-player, and creative problem solver
– detail-oriented, organized and punctual
– proficient in Adobe Design Suite, social media content creation & posting, and video editing
– knowledgeable in WordPress
– preferably bilingual in Mandarin / English (includes business writing)
Pay: $3000-$4000 per season (DOE)
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, 2 references, and writing sample / creative portfolio or website to: email@example.com with the subject: Administrative Assistant.
Our creative team and dancers have began rehearsing for our digital season! Through out the season, please connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Every day, we will release photos and video montage of our rehearsals and behind the scene work.
We are also releasing the first video of our YouTube series on Christmas Day! In the YouTube videos, you will hear from our dancers, creative partners, and explore emotions with us as we connect with all of our complexities through out the season.
A culminating performance video will also conclude the season in end of January. For our Creative Circle supporters, we would like to invite you to our viewing party in Honolulu (late January) or free performance (February) in New York City.
We are seeing a few versatile dancers for our WINTER VIDEO SEASON. Join us this December and January to create new content for our Youtube channel and social media platforms. We will be collaborating with spoken word artists, musicians and visual artists to explore how our own humanity is expressed through or defined by emotions.
Date: November 16th, 2017
Location: Mark Morris Dance Center. 3 Lafayette Ave, Brooklyn NY 11217
Paid opportunity. Bring headshot & resume. Please bring sneakers.
DUNYC The Company invites professional and aspiring dancers to our open rehearsals. The goal of our open rehearsals is to share our vision and training with our community, and providing a network for dancers to connect.
Dancers from open rehearsals have been invited to perform with our company in the past. Some of our current company dancers were also scouted from our open rehearsals.
All open rehearsals are pay-as-you-can donations classes. ALL proceeds go to the teaching faculty. Space is limited; RSVP strongly recommended.
Click On Dates To Register below (no payment required at registration): May 1, 2-4pm @ Studio A, Mark Morris Dance Center
Faculty: Linda Kuo, Director & Choreographer
Styles: Contemporary & House & More
May 4, 1-4pm @ Studio B, Mark Morris Dance Center
Faculty: 1-3pm Michael James Garber, 3-4pm Linda Kuo
Styles: Contemporary & Choreography Lab
May 8, 2-4pm @ ICF, Mark Morris Dance Center
Faculty: Hara Zi
Style: Contemporary & Yoga Fusion
May 11, 1-4pm @ Studio B, Mark Morris Dance Center
Faculty: DU Staff & Jimbo de Mawu
reasonsLegacy is our latest work in progress for our 4th season in NYC. The work contains reflections from our dancers as they explore and define their personal legacies, while exploring the cultural legacies of dance.
reasonsLegacy involves original music, art work, journaling & discussions, and cultural exploration of NYC’s heritage dance “Harlem Swing / Lindy Hop.”
As a part of our exploration, we have been taking Swing Dance classes at Harlem Swing Dance Society! Here’s a snippet of a class with our fabulous teachers. More videos to come!