Dancers Unlimited NYC (DUNYC) presents the 4th reasonsLegacy showcase on December 1st at Actor’s Fund Theatre in Downtown Brooklyn. The theme this year is I’mMigration: HUEman MoveMeant, Boundaries and Opportunities. We are seeking artists of all specialization to present work that investigates the theme. Dancers / choreographers, visual artists, filmmakers, musicians, spoken word poets and more are welcome! Cross-genre work is strongly encouraged.
All selected artists must be available for a short interview, to be included online.
December 1st, 3pm & 6:30pm
Show duration: 90 minutes per show
Call time: 1pm & 5pm
Tech info: November 30th, 5-9pm (please keep this time slot open)
Artists must commit to both shows and panel discussion after the second show.
Artist Pay: 40% of each ticket sold (no minimum, max seat 80 people) + professional video (wide-angle single camera) and photos
Available at the theatre: 3 lighting cues, piano, and projector.
All work that involves performing art must be between 8-10 minutes.
Spoken word poets: all work must be between 3-5 minutes, work can be performed live or on video. If performing with other performing artists, the work can be between 8-10 minutes.
Visual Artists (photographers, filmmakers, painters etc): please describe in detail how you plan to integrate your work in a theatrical / dance-based platform.
We are seeking an administrative assistant for our 10th NYC season this fall. The seasonal contractor position consists of project workload that amounts to about 15-20 hours per week. The position starts in mid-September and lasts for 4 months. Opportunity to extend the contract can be discussed.
– coordinate company rehearsals including: scheduling confirmation with dancers and studios, updating rehearsal information, corresponding with guest performers and artists, assisting with props and costumes.
– assist with coordinating and content development for podcast sessions and video shoots
– assist with our full-lenth evening production this fall, including working with our Development Coordinator, Artistic Director, Artists, Sponsors and venue.
– assist with education / partner program development (a big part of the responsibility will require fluency in Mandarin)
– assist with video and photo documentation & archiving of all creative process.
– create and update social media content and posts
– attend at least one company rehearsal a week and mandatory weekly company meetings
Ideal candidate should be:
– a college graduate with a degree in Business, Communications, or Marketing / PR; candidates with equivalent experiences will also be considered
– knowledgeable with the dance or creative field
– passionate about using dance for activism and advocacy
– a self-starter, team-player, and creative problem solver
– detail-oriented, organized and punctual
– proficient in Adobe Design Suite, social media content creation & posting, and video editing
– knowledgeable in WordPress
– preferably bilingual in Mandarin / English (includes business writing)
Pay: $3000-$4000 per season (DOE)
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, 2 references, and writing sample / creative portfolio or website to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Administrative Assistant.
Our first open rehearsal for our new work this fall was a tremendous success! THANK YOU to everyone who shared your creativity, passion and voices with us.
Join us to continue our exploration on I’mMigration: HUEman moveMEANT, boundaries and opportunities. CREATIVE STORYTELLERS of various trades and crafts appreciated.
Aug 13th (Mon) 3-4:30pm @ Made In NY Media Center Conference Room B
Aug 17th (Fri) 12-1:30pm @ Made In NY Media Center Conference Room H
Made In NY Media Center: 30 John St, Brooklyn, NY 11201
NO DANCE EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! Dancers of all styles and storytellers with open minds are welcome!
We are looking for creative collaborators for our new work, debuting this December as a part of our full-length evening production at the Actors Fund Theatre.
The new work, titled “I’mMigration” explores HUEman moveMEANT, boundries and opportunities through creative storytelling in the forms of dance, visual art, film, photography, poetry, music and multi-disciplinary work.
We are looking for a couple choreographers, dancers, artists and storytellers who are interested in creating engaging and collaborative work.
If you are interested, please come to our open rehearsal this Monday, July 23rd at Mark Morris Dance Center 4:30-6:30pm. Space is limited, please RSVP on Artful.ly
As we explore our emotions in our Winter 2017-2018 season, we can’t help but feel GRATEFUL for our season sponsor, The Ranzman Foundation. Our dancers made a video expressing our gratitude the best way we know how.
Our Director, Linda Kuo, had the honor to share a few words with the friends of Mark Morris Dance Center! We are very grateful for the continued support from MMDC staff, and for allowing us to create a home at the dance center.
Please take a look at the video and support MMDC fundraising effort!
Our creative team and dancers have began rehearsing for our digital season! Through out the season, please connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Every day, we will release photos and video montage of our rehearsals and behind the scene work.
We are also releasing the first video of our YouTube series on Christmas Day! In the YouTube videos, you will hear from our dancers, creative partners, and explore emotions with us as we connect with all of our complexities through out the season.
A culminating performance video will also conclude the season in end of January. For our Creative Circle supporters, we would like to invite you to our viewing party in Honolulu (late January) or free performance (February) in New York City.
We are seeing a few versatile dancers for our WINTER VIDEO SEASON. Join us this December and January to create new content for our Youtube channel and social media platforms. We will be collaborating with spoken word artists, musicians and visual artists to explore how our own humanity is expressed through or defined by emotions.
Date: November 16th, 2017
Location: Mark Morris Dance Center. 3 Lafayette Ave, Brooklyn NY 11217
Paid opportunity. Bring headshot & resume. Please bring sneakers.
Our Director, Linda Kuo, is honored to be selected to participate in the Summer Leadership Intensive by Urban Bush Women. The 10-day intensive features a culminating performance, featuring work by intensive participants. Please join us for the FREE performance at NYU Tisch School for The Arts on Saturday, August 5th.