We are seeking an administrative assistant for our 10th NYC season this fall. The seasonal contractor position consists of project workload that amounts to about 15-20 hours per week. The position starts in mid-September and lasts for 4 months. Opportunity to extend the contract can be discussed.
– coordinate company rehearsals including: scheduling confirmation with dancers and studios, updating rehearsal information, corresponding with guest performers and artists, assisting with props and costumes.
– assist with coordinating and content development for podcast sessions and video shoots
– assist with our full-lenth evening production this fall, including working with our Development Coordinator, Artistic Director, Artists, Sponsors and venue.
– assist with education / partner program development (a big part of the responsibility will require fluency in Mandarin)
– assist with video and photo documentation & archiving of all creative process.
– create and update social media content and posts
– attend at least one company rehearsal a week and mandatory weekly company meetings
Ideal candidate should be:
– a college graduate with a degree in Business, Communications, or Marketing / PR; candidates with equivalent experiences will also be considered
– knowledgeable with the dance or creative field
– passionate about using dance for activism and advocacy
– a self-starter, team-player, and creative problem solver
– detail-oriented, organized and punctual
– proficient in Adobe Design Suite, social media content creation & posting, and video editing
– knowledgeable in WordPress
– preferably bilingual in Mandarin / English (includes business writing)
Pay: $3000-$4000 per season (DOE)
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, 2 references, and writing sample / creative portfolio or website to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Administrative Assistant.